Come hang out with neighbors, enjoy free food and drink, and learn how to make our community a safer place! This year’s national night out event will feature the Short North Bagel Deli, J-Pops, and safety tips from some of the Columbus police officers who help make the Short North an amazing place to live!
Also, if we are lucky, the CPD will be introducing us to some of their police horses and/or will be showing us their bikes and police cars!
When: August 2, 2016 from 6-8 PM
Where: Goodale Shelter House (outside if the weather is good, inside if there is rain)
- Restrooms will be available to all neighbors.
- Parking is available near the shelter house but it is limited. We strongly encourage neighbors to walk to the event if possible.
- Soda, water, bagel sandwiches and popsicles will all be provided free of charge but supplies are limited so make sure to get here at the beginning of the event!
- Neighbors will have access to air conditioning if they need a little break from the heat.
- The shelter house has easy access to the playground at Goodale park
This event is possible thanks to very generous donations from Corso Ventures (think Standard Hall, The Pint House, and Forno) and Robert Livingston and Tabby Burton (our neighborhood mortgage lenders), and a grant from the Coalition for a Non-Violent Columbus.
Night Out is an annual event held on August 2 of every year. This year’s event will be co-sponsored by the Short North Block Watch, the Short North Civic Association, the Harrison West Society, and the Italian Village Society.